Checks can be made payable to
Mark Critz for Congress
FEC ID: C00476861
647 MAIN STREET, SUITE 110
JOHNSTOWN, PA 15901
Mark Critz Biography
Mark Critz has devoted much of his professional life to serving the residents of Pennsylvania’s 12th district, working over a decade in late Congressman John Murtha’s district office. Starting as a part-time employee,
Critz later served as a field representative until he became Murtha’s coordinator of economic development, and then district director. Mr. Critz was recognized for his excellent service to our nation’s military when he was
awarded the Patrick Henry Award by the National Guard Association of the United States, the highest civilian award issued by the National Guard. He currently lives in Johnstown.
Mark Critz is in a Strong Position to Win
- Mark Critz is a strong fundraiser. In the first 10 days of his campaign, he has already raised more than $100,000.
- The first polling in the race, by Susquehanna Polling & Research shows Critz leading the Republican candidate 36 to 31.
- Pennsylvania’s 12th district enjoys 55.8% Democratic performance, putting Mark Critz in a strong early position to keep Congressman Murtha’s former seat in the Democratic column.
- Democratic Party leaders have demonstrated overwhelming support for Mark as the best choice to win this election, with more than 55% of delegates casting their vote for him at the district’s nominating convention and 60% of the state committee voting to endorse his candidacy.
Mark Critz has the Right Approach for the District
- Mark Critz knows the 12th district unlike any other candidate, and is committed to keeping economic development initiatives moving forward and fighting for better highways and improved infrastructure which are key components to accomplishing his greatest goal – creating jobs and improving the economy.
- Joyce Murtha, widow of the late Congressman, has endorsed Mark praising his “expertise and knowledge of the district, both on the governmental and political side of the job” and agreed to serve as honorary chair of his campaign. Mrs. Murtha’s support sends a strong signal to the district that Mark is the best candidate to proceed in the tradition of her husband.
- Mark’s conservative Democratic values are a fit for the district, giving him the potential to gain support from a large base of area residents. His campaign chair, a Prominent Johnstown Republican, also adds to Mark’s strong bipartisan appeal.
The 12th Pennsylvania congressional district is located insouthwestern Pennsylvania. It consists of all of Greene County, and parts of Allegheny, Armstrong, Cambria, Fayette, Indiana, Somerset, Washington, and Westmoreland Counties.
Contributions to Mark Critz for Congress count against 2010 contribution limits. Checks can be written for the Special General and Primary 2010 elections.